Cookies on Greatodds websites
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device by websites that you visit. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your user preferences and other information. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookies can be split into two types – ‘Session’ and ‘Persistent’:
Session cookies – these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Persistent cookies – these cookies can remain on a user’s device for a period of time that may cover multiple sessions. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
The list below explains the cookies we use and why.
You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
These cookies are essential to the operation of the website, performing functions such as:
- Controlling the registration process
- Recognising you as you log in and use Greatodds websites
- Determining how we process sports and events within our InPlay live betting app
We will not use these cookies to store information such as account details or transaction history, or serve you adverts.
Each Essential cookie is administered by Greatodds and no third party.
These cookies provide you with functions and features that help you use the website, such as:
- Storing your choice of language
- Support you with live chat sessions
- Remember your currently open games
These cookies allow us to monitor the performance and use of our website, such as:
- The effectiveness of our advertising
- Test the effectiveness of updates and potential updates to our website
- Allow our partners to determine if our visitors also visited their website
These cookies allow us to provide you with services in conjunction with our 3rd party partners, and provide features such as:
- Allowing you to interact with social media such as Facebook
- Allowing 3rd party advertisers to provide adverts that are felt to be of interest to you when you log onto their sites
How to Block Cookies
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. It is important to note however that if you block cookies from the Greatodds site there are a number of functions that may not work and you will need to reset your preferences each time you log in.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.